Saturday, April 20, 2013

Serve God Not Man




Psalm 88-91 

Insight Into Scripture
Good Morning! Today we start into book 4 of the Psalms. Book four is listed as chapters 90-106.I put up Psalm 91:9-16 as our Psalm for today, I really like the last half of this Psalm. I had something happen to us yesterday that I thought I would share with you. I hope that you enjoy and can benefit from it.

Psalm 91:9-16
"9 If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Thought for the Day
GOD moved us here to Ocean Shores, we were really not sure why HE moved us here. We know that HE blessed us by allowing us to live here, but it is a small community and there is not much outreach. So Kim and I were seeking what other purpose GOD had for us here.

After about a month, the church we were attending we realized was struggling with being a church; meaning they had lost the vision of Christ's last command by telling us to GO and reach the lost and hurting. To make a long story short, through events and people in the church, a group of us and the pastor decided to become very missional and start an outreach church to reach the hurting. Kim and I invested a lot of time and emotions into the "Birth" of this church.

This brings us to last night. We had our first leadership meeting for the church, where it was an informal meeting to "Get started". During this meeting we made plans for the future..... you know.... you do this, OK John you take care of this....... Here is Joe, he is going to be a Pastor...... here is ED he is going to do this. After the meeting ended, Kim and I had nothing to do, nor any responsibilities. As we drove home, my feelings were hurt, I felt really left out. So, Kim and I talked about it and shared our feelings.

I spent all day yesterday and today thinking about it, and here are some thoughts that Jesus gave me.

Never serve man, organizations, or people. SERVE GOD. I feel that I let myself get too close to the project and people. I know that leaving us out was not done intentionally or to hurt me, but it happened, and I did feel left out. I know all these people love us, there was just a lot going on. If my goal was to serve Christ, I know that He has something else planned for me, better, it was just not my time yet. (I know this is true now)

If you are stepping out for Christ expect an attack. satan HATES the fact that you are making a difference for Jesus and he will do anything within his power to stop you. Know this and watch for the attack, it will come. Mine came last night, I was discouraged, and had an attitude like "FINE" maybe this is not where I am suppose to be...... that is just what satan wants, do not fall for it. I hope that my story can help you in the future sometime. Have a great day, and GOD Bless

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for being at The Lords disposal...i have heard our Lords voice thru your post this night....may our gracious Lord be Gracious unto you and be with you and yours always even unto the end...Amen..and Amen