Thursday, May 23, 2013

Struggle With Temptation?




Insight Into the Scriptures
In Genesis verses 6:3 God says that He is going to limit man's age to 120 years. I did a search on Google for the oldest living man, and yes, the oldest recorded living man was around 120.

Genesis 4:6-7
"Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

Thought for the Day
Put yourself in Cain's shoes. Can you imagine if you were about to sin and God spoke from the heavens and said, "Jim, think about what you are doing, you are about to commit a sin, think about your actions." I think that it would deter me from committing that sin.

In reading these first few chapters I have found it interesting the birth of sin, and how it can become out of control to the point where God wanted to wipe out man.

The verses above says it all. Temptation is the beginning of sin, we are tempted, we have a choice to make; master the sin or give into the sin that is "Crouching at your door."

Men are visually stimulated (Sexually), it is just built into a man, but giving into that sexual temptation only leads to sin and sin leads to death. I am proud to say that I have mastered that sexual temptation, the way that I have mastered it.....I do not open the door that sin is crouching at. Since I am human and I am born with sinful nature, I will always be tempted, but the moment I feel the temptation approaching I yell NO to that temptation and focus my attention to Christ, a scripture, or my beautiful wife.

You might struggle with another temptation other than what I do, but the principle is the same. Temptation is not a sin, you will always have temptation, you need to master these temptations so they do not lead to sin.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus, Thank You for giving us Your word, so that we can learn from the mistakes of Your people. Thank You for Your extreme mercy and patience with us.

Dear Lord I know that I am a sinful creature and I do struggle with sin. I desire to master these temptations, I want to control them and do not want them to control my life. Please Jesus give me the strength to control them. Thank you Jesus.

I ask that your Spirit would be with me today, please fill me up with You, please let Your light shine through me in this dark world. I love you Jesus!
In Your Name,
Amen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read the book "The Time of the End" by Tim Warner.