Thursday, June 27, 2013

Is God Controlling Your Desires?

Insight Into the Scripture - Leviticus 15-18
Verse 16:29 States "Tenth day of the seventh month". This would be in the fall, ten days after New Year's Day. In our calendar it falls toward the end of September.The statement "Cut off from his people" is generally accepted as a belief that God would carry out the appropriate punishment. Not any judicial or social action that man could issue.

As I have been reading these passages of Scripture, God takes sin and uncleanness very seriously. So serious that if you came in contact with sin, you were now unclean and had to become clean again. The Old Testament has wonderful morals, we all need a little more Old Testament in our lives.

Leviticus 18:1- 5
"The LORD said to Moses, "Speak to the Israelite's and say to them: 'I am the LORD your God. You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God. Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the LORD."

Thought for the Day
We have a wonderful 13 year old son. He has a great spirit, but, can be a little hardheaded at times. We make rules for him, not because we like to see him being punished or make his life difficult, but because we love him. We know that if we allow him to make a lot of wrong decisions, it could effect his future life. When he disobeys it effects our relationship with him, we do not change, but he pulls away from us and God's teaching.

The same is true for what God was trying to do. We all are human, you will never get rid of your human desires, but, we need to learn how to control them. We need to stay close to the Lord and keep our noses in His word, so His rules will become more than rules, it will become a way of life because life is God and God is holy.

In chapter 18 God sets some simple rules for sexual relations. We are all sexual creatures and have sexual needs and desires, and when used in the way God intended it is a beautiful gift. But, when abused it leads to sadness, broken families, disease, murder, guilt.... the list goes on and on. What God gives us as a gift, satan tries and does destroy. I would take time to read this chapter and live it. These verses apply to everyone, my 13 year old son, to the married man or women, live these passages, do not let satan destroy God's gift.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,
There are so many gifts that you give everyday, for that I thank You from the bottom of my heart. I pray Father that You will teach me how to use Your gifts and not abuse them. Help me Father to be strong against the enemy and WIN!
I love You!!
In Your Name I pray, Amen





No comments: