Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Greatest Love Story Ever Written

The Greatest Love Story Ever Written


My wife and I were watching the movie "The Last of the Mohicans". It is a love story where two people from different worlds meet, fall in love, but due to the war going on, the woman is captured by Indians who vowed to kill her. But, before she is captured, her love vows, he will find her no matter the cost, "I will find you"! After her capture, her love bravely walks into the Indian camp where he is cut, beaten, and mocked. He then boldly tells the chief to take his life and spare hers. But, due to a twist in the movie they both are spared, the movie fades with them in each other's arms watching a sunset. Don't you love a good love story?


Did you know that you are reading the greatest love story ever written? And, better yet you are involved in this love story. Your Jesus will do anything for you, in fact He paid the ultimate price.Last night, while talking with my Best Friend, He showed me this love story. You and I might have become a Believer for eternal life; to spend eternity with Christ, but then after you become a believer you gain a relationship with Christ. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had many God's, they did not have a Bible to show them right from wrong, they did not have eternal life, so how did they come to a relationship with God? He pursued them. Do you remember the first time when you met your true love? What did you do? I can imagine that you pursued them, I know that I pursued my wife and courted her.

In ancient times they had many gods, so what made them follow Yahweh? God pursued them, revealing Himself to them little by little, and what they felt was amazing. Thus this love story begins, and still continues today, God LOVES; LOVES you, He wants to be with you forever, He has done and will do whatever is best for you, all you have to do is accept this amazing love.
Insight Into the Scriptures

Laban's household gods were associated with luck or prosperity. These gods were passed down from generation to generation. As we have said before, in ancient times they worshiped many gods.When Laban was looking for his gods, and Rachel had hid them under her saddle, Laban asked to search under her saddle. Rachel used the excuse that she could not get off because of her period. A women in her menstrual cycle was considered dangerous because the menstrual blood was widely believed to be a habit for demons.


Genesis 32:9-12 
"Then Jacob prayed, "O God of my father Abraham, God of my father Isaac, O LORD, who said to me, 'Go back to your country and your relatives, and I will make you prosper,' I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness you have shown your servant. I had only my staff when I crossed this Jordan, but now I have become two groups. Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me, and also the mothers with their children. But you have said, 'I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.' "

As I said in yesterday's devotional, God has a funny way of bringing things around again. As we read on in Genesis, we read how Jacob is struggling with Laban and his deceitful ways. It is also nice to see that God has worked on Esau's heart. In reading this passage, I wonder why Rachel took her father's family gods? Did she want it to change him or did she need it for her protection?

1 comment:

KM said...

Response to the Christian blog on the torture and death of Jesus by way of crucifixion.

Such moving and spirited dialogue, impregnated with diverse views, whether athiest, agnostic, Christian or just Godly minded. With respect to the sensitivities of all, please realize the premise of the article was from 1960s medical perspective and occasionally revived. At best it is a combination of fiction and nonfiction, porous throughout. The subject merits greater accuracy and an objective approach. As a physician who has spent an entire career teaching, lecturing, practicing and specializing in Trauma & Emergency Medicine, I have studied the crucifixion from the trauma perspective as well as historical and "religious". The reality is that every scientist, historian, & "expert" must endure all personal bias & concede that we are trumped by the verdict of Pontius Pilate as expressed when he was asked after the crucifixion for the body of Jesus. This Roman Governor whose government had practiced uncountable crucifixions, was & still remains the truest expert whom we must concede our "expert testimony" whether we like it or not. His undeniable & spontaneous response was, "What?...is he dead"??
You see, he was in utter disbelief because this crucifixion was never meant to kill Jesus, especially in the matter of hours he suffered after the lashings & torture. A sea of Trauma literature demonstrates survival from horrific trauma and especially in the case of Jesus, the historical evidence of survival is even more compelling than that of death.
Let us consider this: since the views blogged & expressed by the many contributors include atheists as well as non athiests, it is well understood that there are many arguments from athiests for no God as there are even more arguments from non athiests favoring the existence of God.
In like, while there may exist some medical articles on the death of Jesus, I assure you we also have a powerful and compelling case for the survival of Jesus from the Trauma, Medical, Biblical as well as Historical perspective. So what does that change? A beautiful man of God who spoke only of good was brutally inflicted for his love for mankind and his Creator. I for one have a deeper profound love and regard for such an individual that we call the Christ.
A career in Trauma has given me humility and pause to reflect on the resilience of the human body and it's will to survive. I will do my best to keep in the loop of discussion time permitting but do hope that we appreciate the reality & glory in his survival of the cross to trump that which is perceived in his death. Peace
Dr. K Malik, MD
er911doc@gmail.com