Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Are You Letting satan Win?




Blessings
As I was reading the scripture for today, I could not help to think what a wonderful privilege we have. In the days before Christ, one could only seek God through the Priests, and receiving forgiveness was a ritual.Today, we have direct access to God through Christ. We can speak directly to Him. And asking for forgiveness is so easy, we can ask anywhere at anytime. I hope we all understand what an amazing privilege that is, we need to thank Christ for making the sacrifice for us.


Hebrews 9:14, 10:15-17
"How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

"The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:"This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord."

I will put my laws in their hearts,and I will write them on their minds."Then he adds:"Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more."

Thought for the Day
We live in a world that looks down upon "Ugly" they do not accept it. So, we have learned to hide the "Ugly" in fear of being looked down upon or teased. Sin is ugly, just plain ugly, so it makes sense that we try and hide it from others, in fear of being looked down upon.

This is just what satan wants you to do. Once we sin and ask forgiveness, satan wants to keep us down, he wants you to feel guilty even though we KNOW we are forgiven. This guilty feeling can hinder your relationship with Christ. The verse above says that Christ "Cleanses our Consciences" so that we may continue serving God.

When I was young in faith, I was ashamed of my sin, I did not share it with anyone. But, as I am maturing in my faith I am no longer ashamed of my sin..... well, I am ashamed of how I hurt Christ, but not ashamed to man. My confidence lies within Christ, not man. When I am in a group of people I am not ashamed to share some of my past sins (And yes they are pretty bad) for some people it makes them uncomfortable, but to others, it is freeing, once I have shared, they find the confidence to open and expose what satan wants to keep hidden. It is also my way of getting back at satan heh heh heh..... he has alot of payback coming for messing with me and my family.

If you are carrying the baggage of old sin around, Christ wants to take it away from you. Let your confidence lie in Christ, He promises that "I will remember no more." Plus don't you want to payback satan for all the times he interfered with your relationship with Christ?


No comments: