Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Are You Living on Baby Food?





Insight Into the Scriptures
In today I read about Melchizedek. Melchizedek was the first priest and king of Scripture. To read more about Melchizedek you can read Genesis 14:17-20.

Hebrews 5:13-14
"Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."

Thought for the Day
I grew up in a wonderful Christian home with a great introduction into Church and religion. (Thanks Mom and Dad) I then moved out and the religion became mine. Since it was mine now, I had to test what it was going to mean to me. Most of it was experiencing sin and realizing how hurtful and wrong it really was. I am 45 years old now, and after reading this you think that with all my upbringing and "Knowing" Christ for 30 some years I would be on "Solid Food" by now. But, I am just now eating Gerber baby food.

Your spirituality does not depend on the time you have been a believer, it depends how much time you invest one on one with Christ. Everyone sins, but if you are falling into sin's temptations quite often, and have not trained yourself to distinguish between good from evil, you need to increase your God time.

One way that I can tell that I am advancing in my Gerber years, is that I know what the Bible says and what God promises, but I am just beginning to learn to live it. A good example for me is Matthew 6:25. It is the passage where God tells us not to worry about our daily needs. I believe it, and God has proven it to me before, but, I still have a hard time giving 100% to Him.

Have you ever tasted baby food? Pretty nasty tasting! Have you ever tasted a nice juicy steak, or chocolate cake? Pretty yummy! The same is with your spiritual life, the more mature you grow, the better the taste (Blessings) is with Christ. So, are you stuck in the Gerber years, or have you moved on to Chocolate Cake?


No comments: