Thursday, September 5, 2013

Are You Building A Wall With Jesus?

Any little sin that we commit starts to build a wall between us and Christ.

Grace of Jesus
Insight Into Scripture - 1 Samuel 25-27
I found Chapter 28 very interesting. I would encourage you to read it. Saul broke his own rule by visiting a medium. Mediums at the time were used to circumvent YAHWEH, so needless to say, this was against YAHWEH's rules. But, Saul felt he had no other choice, since YAHWEH was not speaking to him.

The part that I found interesting is that the medium did contact Samuel, and Samuel did talk to Saul and predicted Saul's death. My thoughts are that is proves YAHWEH has control over all; Good, bad, and the satanic, HE controls EVERYTHING!

Mount Gilboa
This is a picture of Mount Gilboa. It is on the southeastern side of the Jezreel Valley. This is where King Saul committed suicide after certain death by the Philistines. (1 Samuel 31) After Jonathan and King Saul were killed, David cursed Mount Gilboa: "O mountains of Gilboa, may you have neither dew nor rain, nor fields that yield offerings" (2 Sam 1:21).


Scripture Reading
David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God. - 1 Samuel 30:6
3 The battle pressed hard against Saul, and the archers found him, and he was badly wounded by the archers. 4 Then Saul said to his armor-bearer, "Draw your sword, and thrust me through with it, lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and mistreat me." But his armor-bearer would not, for he feared greatly. Therefore Saul took his own sword and fell upon it. 5 And when his armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he also fell upon his sword and died with him. 6 Thus Saul died, and his three sons, and his armor-bearer, and all his men, on the same day together. - 1 Samuel 31:3-6

Think n Grow
King David had a wonderful relationship with YAHWEH. Again, so much,that YAHWEH called David; "A man after GOD's own heart." While we are reading about David I am going to be pointing out some of his characteristics. In the above passage notice that David was in fear of his life, the only place that he found peace was in the LORD.

In the second passage I really felt sorry for King Saul. After all, Saul was chosen by YAHWEH to be king, he did not ask for the job, YAHWEH saw something in Saul that the Israelites would identify with.

But, Saul did have free will. YAHWEH did not force Saul to make the wrong choices and be disobedient. Saul's disobedience cost him a relationship with YAHWEH (15:26-28) and his kingship. (16:14)

I am so glad that through YAHWEH's grace we can approach YAHWEH through Christ and be forgiven for our disobedience. But, even though we are forgiven we can still live a life of disobedience and sin. Any little sin that we commit starts to build a wall between us and Christ. We must strive very hard to live a life pleasing to Him. I have lived a cursed life that started with one little sin, and I am living a Blessed life right now. Living a holy life that is pleasing to Christ is the most amazing experience you will ever feel.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Thank You Father for your love and forgiveness. Father I pray that everyday I will strive to be closer to You and to be more like You and less like me. I pray Father that I will see Your many Divine appointments and that I will slow down and not be too busy for them. Thank You Father for Your words that teach me how to be more obedient.
I love You and I pray in Your Name,
Amen.

No comments: