Friday, September 6, 2013

Finding Peace In God


Are you are ready to GO, but God is telling you to wait?

Waiting Upon God

Insight Into Scripture

The pool of Gibeon was not just a pool, it was a water system for Gibeon. In time of battle the city could rely on their own water system. It is estimated that 3,000 tons of rock had to be removed to build this system.

The butt end of a spear is made reference several times. (2:23) The butt end of the spear was honed to a point, it was for a goad or to stick the spear into the ground. It sounds just as lethal as the "Sharp" end.

Pool of Gibeon
This picture may be the Pool of Gibeon. The Bible makes references to the "Pool of Gibeon" several times. This must have been a popular spot to gather around. This is the spot where David's men defeated Abner's men. (2 Samuel 2:8,17) The Bible tells us that the fighting was fierce. Click to see more pictures of Gibeon. The picture is taken from Bibleplaces.com.


Scripture Reading
11 Then David and all the men with him took hold of their clothes and tore them. 12 They mourned and wept and fasted till evening for Saul and his son Jonathan, and for the army of the LORD and the house of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword. - 2 Samuel 1:11-12

Think n Grow
As we further look into David's character, David's expression of love and sorrow impressed me. Saul was a man who truly wanted David dead, yet David mourned Saul's death as that of a best friend or father. David respected Saul's position as the anointed King, even though he was the new king and he may have not agreed with how Saul ruled.

A thought comes to mind. A lot of times I think that I am ready for a task, but YAHWEH knows different. I am ready to go, go, go, but HE says "Not yet." It is hard for me to wait because I like to get things done, but I have learned that YAHWEH's timing is always perfect.

A good example is David. He was anointed king, so what did he do? Went back to attending his sheep until the time was right. I believe that David found security and peace in YAHWEH no matter where or what situation he was in. Maybe you are in a situation like David. You are ready to GO, but YAHWEH is telling you to wait. I would encourage you to do as David did, find your peace in HIM. When the time is right, HE will move you and it will be so much better if you wait upon HIM.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Thank You Father for the prayers of others that we get to pray for. I pray Father that You will help me to be slow to react and quick to listen to You. I pray that I know when it is You moving and not me. I pray that I am obedient and make You proud. Take my heart Father and mold it. In Your Name I pray ever so deeply.
Amen

No comments: